For the third consecutive year, during its closing ceremony, Whole Man Expo will honor a Whole Man of the Year (WMY) and four other well-deserving men from the Colorado’s front range. This year’s Expo, presented by Energy for Life, will be held Sunday, November 10, 2013 in concert with The Athena Festival at the Ramada Plaza Denver North in Northglenn, CO. http://www.mensanthology.com/whole-man-expo/
The five men receiving recognition are selected by a committee comprised of two men and two women, who themselves fulfill our criteria for “whole” people. This year’s committee members are: Chris Ebersberg, Chair, David McMurtry, Donna Morrish and Claudia Rodriguez. As the founder and organizer of Whole Man Expo, I screen nominations and present ten semi-finalists to the committee. Each committee member thoroughly reviews the credentials of each of the nominees, then the committee convenes to determine the five finalists, including the WMY.
Candidates for the awards are those men who demonstrate a high degree of balance or well-roundedness in their lives, with an emphasis on strong character and service. Other factors taken into consideration are family life, emotional maturity, spiritual development, achievements and interests/hobbies. Our intention is to spotlight these winners as models of well-integrated, multi-dimensional men.
The ten recipients of the WMY awards the past two years have unanimously and very humbly expressed great appreciation for the recognition given to them.
I want to highlight a few of the qualifications of our initial WMY plaque recipients:
Coy Theobalt, 2011:
- a long-time leader of the Mankind Project, which focuses on the characteristics noted above
- co-founder of Reed Recovery to teach fly-fishing to men with any type of cancer and to allow them to share their personal stories
- host of the weekly Castle Rock Radio show Man Alive! for over two years, reaching thousands of listeners in many states each week
- leading a weekly “Man Walk” of up to 20 participants in his neighborhood to build community with a diverse group of guys
- expert sailor and world traveler
Paul Westhoven, 2012:
- adopted a couple of girls and is an exemplary family man
- active as a board member and teacher at his church, through which he also consistently provided community service
- offers outstanding service to his business clients
- demonstrates compassion, passion and humor in many areas of life
I strongly encourage you to nominate online one or two men who you believe are very deserving of a WMY award. The deadline for submissions is Friday, September 27, 2013, but we would really appreciate receiving your nominations as soon as possible, to provide ample review time.
Please read the nominating instructions: http://mensanthology.com/whole-man-expo/whole-man-of-the-year-award/ and then click the orange link in the middle of the instructions page to access the nomination form. You may type right on the form and submit it online.
On behalf of all the highly deserving men on the front range of Colorado, I thank you for your thoughtful consideration of ideal candidates and for you nomination efforts.